Monday, June 9, 2008

Heading Out...

Well, it's pushing midnight and my roommate and I set our alarm clock for 4:20, so this will be a brief post. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the love and support you've given me in this tumultuous last year and a half. I don't know how I would have made it without my family and friends. I'm leaving tomorrow and I can honestly say that I am not most anxious about creepy crawlies, electricity, squatty potties, theft, violence, or political unrest...I'm truly not worried about going, I'm worried about leaving. It's an awful feeling to feel like you've abandoned the people who care about you most (and who you cherish the most) to follow your dreams. I am so blessed to have friends and family that encourage me to follow my heart, even when it means away from them. I want you all to know that you are dear to my heart, and I will be thinking of you often. Feel free to contact me on the internet, or if you prefer the long-lost art of letter writing I can give you my address if you write me an email.

Tomorrow I leave for Tanzania....it's really happening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. And luckily, you're easy to love - even long distance. Keep in touch when possible. And yes, give me your address.

Unknown said...

Love you. Good luck on the flight - and what comes after it!

I already miss you. But - two years will go fast! Think how fast this last year went. Besides, at the end of the two years, you won't want to come back. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting for you! Hopefully somewhere warmer! I'll be ready for you to snuggle in =) love you

AuntieM said...

Hi Jess,
It is intersting reading your blog. I went camping at the Jersery Shore this weekend. We camped the first night but then we got offers from my Friend Jan (for Friday night) and Aunt Jane (on Saturday night) to stay over due to the rain. I was very happy!
I went fishing on a big fishing boat and I caught a sea bass. Stephen caught a Fluke and a Ling. Since it was a little to wet to go to the beach we just walked along the shore, and we saw the most beautiful rainbow over the ocean. A ship went right into it. I wonder if they caught a pot of gold fish?
Glad to hear things are going well. I will write to you snail mail soon. Love to read your blog to my co-workers.
Much love, Aunt Martha