Friday, June 13, 2008

Safe and Sound :-)

Well, after a good 24 hours on the plane, I stepped out into beautiful Tanzania, and realized...yes...it is much cooler in Africa than in New York right now! I don't want to take up a lot of computer time now, but I just wanted to check in. For the next 10 weeks or so I won't have much internet access because I'll be training in a smaller city. All the current Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) assure us that training is the worst, most horrible, most tiring, most stressful part of service. It's all verrrry encouraging. ...haha. But I'm ready...nothing can be as bad as back-to-back Dr. Mrs. classes, right? (Just kidding, I miss you, Dr. Mrs.) I am happy to be in Tanzania, but I am already getting anxious to learn the language and get to my placement. I'll drop another line when I have more to report.

Oh...and Happy Father's Day, daddy!!! Sorry I'm a bad daughter. Your card is likely to be 2-3 weeks late. I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your safe. you're tough, you can handle training. but if you hurt your knee again, i swear...

Unknown said...

cassie is a much better stalker than i am. ;)

glad you're safe, too.

i ate a garbage plate from tahoe's a few days ago & thought of you. every time i eat a plate, i'll try to finish it for you. :)

Anonymous said...

don't eat plates, meg. they don't digest well.


jess, do you know where you'll be placed?

Jim M said...

Jess -

Glad you made it safe and sound, I hope that it wasn't too stressful with all that luggage.

I was glad all of your flights were pretty much on time.

Don't worry about the card!!

Love you - Dad

Mom said...

Hey Sweetie
I don't miss you yet. I feel like you're still here - cause I am still catching up on laundry!
Seriously, Love you!
Mom

jess said...

HAHAHA...oh man...i am so wanting a plate now...but you know how much i love rice and beans and milk tea so i am LOOOOOVING the food here.

Jim M said...

Hi Jess, thanks for the card ... not everybody gets a Fathers Day card from Africa.

I think that the envelope even smelled like cola nuts!!!

Love you - Dad