Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's On...

Yay! I am finally at my homestay in a village outside of Kilosa. I live with a family with four children. I'm not sure which ones are my siblings yet as there are many neighbors around, but I'll let you know when I have it all figured out. They are very nice and are dealing with my horrendous Swahili quite graciously.

My three year old brother can always make me smile and my sisters love it when I (attempt) to dance. Hopefully I'll aquire some Africa hips while I'm here. I am also rocking at the ball games the kids play (although they were too nice to try and get me out). :-)

Swahili lessons are going pretty well. It's hard, but between classes during the day and my siblings lessons at night....it's coming along. :-)

I don't have any exciting stories yet, but now I know where the nearest Internet cafe is, so I promise to write again when I do! Much love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you. i miss you. and your hips make me laugh, too.

Anonymous said...

yay! family =)are you going to be staying with them the whole time??

jess said...

hahaha.....oh don't play quinn, you are going to be jeaaaalous when i get home!!! and no, cal...i'm only here for the first 10 weeks or so, and then i get my very own site elsewhere in TZ! :-D